These terms and conditions, together with your registration to our "Pay Toll Now" service constitute your Tolls By Mail Agreement ("Agreement"). Tolls By Mail New York is operated under the auspices of the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority ("TBTA") (also known as MTA Bridges and Tunnels), the New York State Thruway Authority ("NYSTA"), and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey ("PANYNJ").
- Failure to comply with this Agreement may result in termination of your registration.
- You may not assign the obligations or benefits of this Agreement.
- Failure to pay charges to your registration may result in a Toll Bill or Notice of payment due issued to you or the registered owner of the vehicle along with penalties as provided by law.
- You must comply with all applicable traffic laws, regulations, signs and signals, and the directions of law enforcement officers.
- You certify that you are either the operator of the vehicle, the registered owner of the vehicle, or authorized by the operator or owner of the vehicle to use the Pay Toll Now service.
- You authorize Tolls By Mail to charge your credit card immediately for the total amount of toll transactions linked to your registration to the "Pay Toll Now" service. Whenever the total amount of toll transactions linked to your registration meets or exceeds a threshold amount or shortly after the end date and time of your registration, you authorize Tolls BY Mail to charge your credit card for the total amount due.
- Tolls By Mail will issue a confirmation or decline of payment to your email address or send a text message if you choose that option. If your payment is declined, you have at most 24-hours to correct the issue or provide another credit card for payment.
- You hereby authorize Tolls BY Mail to decide in the first instance every question or dispute arising from, under, in connection with or related to this Agreement, including, without limitation, the imposition of tolls, fees, or other charges incurred, applied or stated for the use or misuse of your registration. All disputes must be submitted in writing to the Tolls By Mail Customer Service Center within 180 days of notice that a toll, fee, or other charge has been made to your registration. You agree that emailing or texting to the address you have provided to Tolls By Mail constitutes notice to you of the tolls, fees and charges contained therein and of any determination by E-ZPass of your submitted dispute. The resolution of claims against PANYNJ, NYSTA and TBTA arising from, under, in connection with or in any way related to this Agreement including, without limitation, the imposition of tolls, fees, or other charges incurred, applied or stated for the use or misuse of your registration, are governed as follows:
- NYSTA – the provisions of Public Authorities Law § 354 authorizes the imposition of tolls on the Thruway and 21 New York Code Rules and Regulations Part 101.3;
- PANYNJ – the provisions of New York Unconsolidated Laws (§6802) and New Jersey Statutes Annotated (§ 32:1-154.2);
- TBTA – the provisions of Public Authorities Law § 553 and 21 New York Code Rules and Regulations §§ 1020.7, 1021.3 & 1023.7.
- This Agreement terminates upon the later of full payment of the toll transactions linked to your registration or your registration end date and time plus a grace period as determined by Tolls By Mail.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Tolls By Mail respects the privacy of all registrants. Registration information will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent except as required or permitted by law and the policies of Tolls By Mail.
INQUIRIES AND CORRESPONDENCE
- Please send all correspondence to:
Tolls by Mail Payment Processing Center
PO Box 15183
Albany, NY 12212-5183